Thursday, May 29, 2008

Brooooooooooooooooooooce

Phew. The tickets arrived in time. Thanks for making me sweat it though, TicketMaster.

Anyway. It was another great night courtesy of Bruce and the E Street Band. The setlist was a mix of old and new, even including a few audience requests.

No room, sadly, for Thunder Road or 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy). We did get old favourites like Rosalita, It's Hard to Be a Saint In The City, Badlands, Adam Raised A Cain, and the obligatory blistering Born To Run.

In a two and a half hour* set, I guess you can't get all the songs in that everyone wants to hear. Eight hours might just about do it. But still, wouldn't have missed it for the world. There's a pretty good review here.

* It must be an age thing. I remember when Springsteen shows lasted 4 hours. Eeee, when I were a lad.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Eh, that's long enough. On Sunday, we went to a five-hour event, and I really don't need that much "entertainment" all at once! :)