Sunday, March 29, 2009

About A Boy (named Stuart)

This whole thing creeped me out just a little bit. It concerns a dream that I had last night. And yes, I know that there's nothing more awful than listening to other peoples' dreams.

But last night I had a rather strange dream, about a boy named Stuart. Stuart was a boy from my class in primary school, but only joined my class towards the end of our primary school days. Maybe when we were about 11. I haven't seen Stuart since we were 12 or maybe 13. Which is quite a long time ago now.

In the dream, Stuart showed up in the Ardneil - the bar where I spend my Friday and Saturday nights. This evening, after several beers in the Ardneil, I went to... uh... take a piss. The fellow at the adjacent urinal says "Hi Alastair*". It takes me a moment to realise, but, yes it's Stuart. I'm flattered that he recognised me, and it's always grand to see an old classmate. But the whole thing is just a little bit strange. One night I was dreaming about a fellow who I haven't seen in over 30 years appearing in the pub I frequent, and the next night.... there he was.

* For 'tis my name

No comments: