Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Yule Be Sorry*

Hurrah. I'm now officially on holiday - right up until the 9th of January, in fact. Not bad going, I reckon. Today was also the end of my three-month probationary period at work, and just for good measure, my three-month appraisal. Which went OK. Other than the fact that it cut into time when I was supposed to working, thereby somewhat buggering up my planned half-day.

Anyway, I'm not too bothered. Just looking forward to the next three weeks or so. I don't have any major plans for Christmas or New Year yet, but I'm pretty damn sure it has to be better than last year and the year before that. It wouldn't be difficult though. Christmas 2004: In prison. Christmas 2005: In prison. Christmas 2006: Not in prison. It would have to be a real stinker to be worse than the last two.

First things first. Tomorrow I'm considering making a start on the Christmas shopping. And if I get around to starting to tomorrow, with any luck I'll finish it tomorrow too. I hate when these things drag on too long**. My original plan had been to buy a lot of stuff online, but in true Big Al style, I put it off until it was way too late - as a consequence, I find myself in the dreaded position of actually having to go into a shop. Or perhaps even more than one shop. Good grief.

* I know I am.
** Generally speaking, any longer than an hour is 'too long'.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good luck with the shopping. It's not pretty this time of year! But, as you said, it beats being locked up!

Have a great holiday!