Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Vucking Vista

I'm starting to get to grips with Vista (tightly, around its neck). After a bit of what we in the technical profession refer to as 'fucking about', I've managed to get over a few of my main gripes.

I can now play DVDs properly, and the computer now boots up properly without insisting that I install drivers for my webcam every time. And all I had to do was uninstall McAfee Security Centre. And then try to install Norton instead. And then try to update Norton to a version that works with Vista. And then give up on that idea, and try to install Norton 2007. And then remember to uninstall the previous version of Norton first. And then get very annoyed when the previous version of Norton refused to uninstall. And then do a system restore to the point before I installed Norton. And then install the new version of Norton.

Piece of piss.

2 comments:

liz said...

So McAfee still sucks even beyond XP, huh? I can't use our wirelsss because of it (a common problem, as it turns out). I'll remember not to get it with my next computer.

In 2012.

liz said...

God, how I wish that burglar hadn't stolen my laptop. If only so I didn't have to get Vista.