Monday, August 31, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust

I’m going to do you a big favour* here. Don’t say I’m not good to you.

Next time you find yourself competing in a Break-an-iPod contest**, here’s what to do.

  1. Connect your iPod to your PC, and leave to charge.
  2. Forget that your iPod is connected to your PC for a considerable length of time. 17 hours ought to do it.
  3. All of a sudden remember about your iPod.
  4. Go back to your iPod, and find it red-hot and with a large black blot obscuring the top right corner of the screen.
  5. And you’re done.

DSCF0158

*That’s “favour”. The U key is the one between Y and I, America.
**I admit it’s unlikely, but you never know, do you?

5 comments:

liz said...

I lost a spelling bee at age 12 because I did use that "ou" spelling, even though the rules said British spellings were acceptable. It left me confused and angry. Probably for life.

liz said...

Oh yeah, sorry about your iPod. Not very sturdy, are they?

Big Al said...

No, they really aren't. Technically it's not completely broken - I can still play music on it. It's not so great for watching video though.

liz said...

That seems like a drawback.

Big Al said...

It's not ideal, I'll admit.