Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Last Orders. Ever.

Blimey, it’s the 19th already? How’d that happen? Well, I’ve been busy. No, really, I have. Busy by my standards, at least.

I have some distressing news. Distressing to me, anyway. The Ardneil Hotel, conveniently* situated just across the road, is closing at the end of this month. Permanently.

Although it’s a hotel, the bar is open to non-residents and has been a popular watering hole for as long as most people can remember. You can actually see me in the one of the photos on their website. Well, you can sort of see the side of my head. It’s me though, I promise. Look, that’s me there, see?

It was fortunate that I chose this particular night to attach a large arrow to my head.

ardneil_banner

But now, due to a combination of factors (including – but not limited to – temperamental chefs, a global recession and piss-poor incompetent management) it’s calling last orders for the final time on Sunday 31st.

Ho hum. I’ve booked the 1st of February as a holiday, because obviously I will be in no fit state to work.

In the meantime, the search for somewhere else to spend time and money continues…

* Perhaps a little too conveniently.

No comments: