Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sometimes the tooth hurts…

…and other crap dental-related puns.

I’ve been suffering from toothache today, but have found some relief in the form of a tube of anaesthetic gel. Eventually.

I say ‘eventually’ because it took me a ridiculous time to get into the damn thing, due to the curse of over-packaging. If there’s one thing I hate (and there isn’t, there are lots more) – it’s over-packaging.

Getting the box open was easy enough, although I’m still not sure why a tube needs a box.*  OK, to hold the instruction leaflet. I’ll let them off with that.

Instructions for opening the tube. “Remove cap” – Easy enough. Next?

“Cut open tip of tube”. Cut open? That’ll be easy, with scissors, right?

Wrong. In fact, the way I ended up removing the tip of the tube was with – can you guess?

That’s right – my teeth. That’ll help, eh?

*Unless it’s a cathode ray tube. That’s one for the retro TV enthusiasts.

No comments: