Wednesday, September 13, 2006

More Hospital Fun

Another trip to see the orthopaedic consultant in Edinburgh today. Once again the x-rays are looking good, and it looks likely that the Ilizarov will be removed sometime mid-October. In the meantime though, I had the final remaining wire removed from my foot, along with the bottom ring of the frame. It hurt a bit at the time (more so than the last one), but what a difference now. For the first time in ages I can climb stairs without any discomfort. Well, in my foot anyway. The pins through my foot were always the most troublesome of the lot, so I'm glad to be rid of them.

I go back in three weeks time, when hopefully they'll confirm the date for removing the rest of the frame.

1 comment:

liz said...

Soon you'll be able to go through airport security with no problems!

Err...no more than the usual problems.