Monday, September 25, 2006

Now That's Service

About three weeks ago, I placed an order online for some perfume. As a present for my mum's birthday, you understand. This was a whole week before her birthday, thereby allowing - or so I thought - plenty of time for delivery. One week passed. No sign of the perfume. The order tracking page on the website still showed the order as 'Being Processed', whatever the hell that means. My mum's birthday came and went, the order was still 'Being Processed'. A further two weeks passed. Still the order was 'Being Processed'. WTF do these guys have to do to process an order, that takes three frickin' weeks?

In desperation this morning I phoned them. It turns out the perfume I ordered is out of stock, but should be back on their shelves in 'about three weeks', although they couldn't make any promises. Jeez, thanks for frickin' telling me, guys. The guy on the phone offered to cancel the order for a full refund, which I promptly accepted.

So I Google the name of the perfume (well, to be more accurate, I Froogle it). And top of the search results is a stockist, right here in the town where I live. Who knew? At approximately 10:20am I placed the order. When I got home from physio, just before 4:30pm, I checked my email. There's a message from the stockist saying that the stuff is out of stock in the size of bottle I ordered, but they could offer me a different size of bottle. And for the inconvenience, they'd waive the delivery fee, and deliver in person. Wow. I emailed back to say that would be fine. I sent the email at 4:31pm. At 5:20pm they turned up at my door, with the perfume. How's that for service?

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

oh yeah? try ordering an "I'm A Pepper" Dr Pepper t-shirt for your mother to cheer her up from bunion surgery, only the t-shirt is out of stock, and now she has NOTHING that matches the surgery boot.