Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy November

On account of my having been back at work for just over a month, this week I'm due for my one-month appraisal. Joy. Not too big a deal, though - the one-month appraisal is usually a fairly informal chat. After all, a month in a new job* isn't really long enough to have seriously screwed anything up.

The timing could have been better, though. My previous line manager is in the process of moving to another team within the company, and another guy from the project development team (i.e. my lot) is taking her place as team leader. This means that the next few weeks will be a sort of handover period from one to the other. Which, in turn, means that they'll both be doing my appraisal. Sigh.

I bet it's the usual questions though. Where do you see you yourself in the next 3, 6, 12 months? "Uh, how the bleedin' hell should I know" being the obvious riposte to that one. If I've learned anything** over the last few years, it's that things rarely work out the way you plan.

Am I rambling?

*OK, it's technically not a new job, but when you've been away from it for this long it might as well be.
**And I couldn't guarantee that I have.

No comments: