Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Beware the casual rail traveller. The everyday commuters I don't mind quite so much. Obviously, I'd prefer to have the train to myself. Actually, I'd prefer to be in a car, but that's not really an option. Anyhow, the people who get the train day in, day out - I don't mind them so much. They get on the train, sit down, and either put their earphones in their ears* or go to sleep. Personally, I fall into the latter category in the morning, and the former category on the return journey. If I have to get out of bed an hour or more before I'm ready to, I figure 45 minutes shut-eye on the train shouldn't be too much to ask.

And on a good day, I'd get it. On a good day when everyone in the carriage knows the rules. You get on the train. You shut the hell up. You do not sit right next to people** who are trying to get some much-needed sleep, and talk in the loudest possible voice for the whole frickin' journey about a whole lot of crap that no-one else is even vaguely interested in.

Sorry to sound grouchy. I'm just not a morning person.

* Best place for them, really.
** i.e. me

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ooooh, I hate when loud people get on the train! Makes me crazy!