Thursday, January 11, 2007

Big Al gets the morning train...

...he works from, er, 10 till 6:30.

After three weeks off, going back to work wasn't the most attractive proposition. Three weeks which, I might add, passed at the speed of what seemed like three days. I hate when that happens. Anyhow, while most decent, respectable people* are back at work, those workshy layabout students appear to still be on holiday, judging by how quiet the trains are. It's great. Lots of empty seats, for one thing. A bit of comfort for a change. Hurrah! I don't expect it to last too long though. Back to the usual game of sardines next week, I suspect.

I've taken to downloading episodes of The Simpsons onto the iPod, and watching them on the train home. The journey home takes about 40 minutes, which is conveniently roughly long enough to watch two episodes.** Actually, I hardly ever watch TV on TV anymore. Only on the computer or the iPod. Which is a great way of filtering out all the crap the TV companies constantly churn out.

* And me.
** No adverts - makes all the difference.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Isn't it amazing how fast vacation time passes? It's like a time warp!