Thursday, February 01, 2007

Uncle Ian

Last night I received the sad - but not entirely unexpected - news that my Uncle Ian had passed away. He'd been in poor health for quite a long time following a very nasty accident at home.

Ian and my Dad came from a family of five brothers - Ian was the last one remaining after Dad shuffled off the old mortal coil in 2002.

This is the most recent picture I could find of the two of them together, taken (I'm fairly sure) in July 1997. Ian is the one on the left of the picture.

2 comments:

liz said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this. I know from experience there's not really anything that makes it feel better, either. Good luck with any travel and family stuff you may be dealing with.

Jess said...

Sorry for neglecting to say something sooner, but please accept my (belated) condolences.