Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Drill Me

Woke up this morning with a strange sense of dread that I couldn't quite account for. Until I remembered about my dentist appointment on Monday of next week. To say that I'm not all that keen on dentists would be the understatement of the millennium. I avoided any form of dental treatment the whole time I was in chokey; somehow prison dentistry seemed a less than attractive proposition. Incidentally, I hadn't realised that prisoners don't have access to dental floss, presumably to prevent them from using it do unspeakable things* to themselves and each other.

Anyhow, that's 18 months without seeing a dentist. Plus the month since I came home, which makes 19 months. Oh, and then there was a little while before chokey in which I didn't see a dentist, so I'd better include that as well. In total that makes somewhere in the region of, er, six years. Which means Monday afternoon should be 'interesting'.

* Like what? I can't imagine.

1 comment:

liz said...

Yes, I hear that prison dentistry is, shall we say, less than optimal.

The last time I had a 6-year gap, I had very few fillings to do. Perhaps you'll be lucky, too.

My gap, of course, was simply due to the US's complete lack of medical care for the non-rich.

But currently, I'm using pregnancy as an excuse to avoid going!

Brrrr...teeth nerves.