Friday, July 07, 2006

Prison Blog

I'm thinking that, at some point, I might put my prison diaries into blog form. Probably not for a while though - I don't quite feel ready to go back over all that just yet. For now I'd rather try to return to some sort of 'normal' life. To this end, I got in touch with my most recent employer to discuss the possibility of my returning to work sometime in the (hopefully) near future. They were, after all, very supportive through all the time I spent in hospital after the accident, and right up until I was sent to the slammer. Also, I figure I have a better chance with them than trying to get a job elsewhere; I'm guessing the criminal record might make me a less than ideal candidate to many employers. I didn't get a definite answer today, but at least I didn't get a definite 'no' either. Just have to wait and see what happens next week.

No comments: