Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Summer? This is Scotland, dammit!

Don't think I could have picked a worse day for a physio appointment. It was an insanely hot day - that's right, even here in Scotland. WTF is going on with the weather this week? And getting to the hospital in a patient transport vehicle didn't help. Obviously, there's no aircon, but would it have been to much to ask for someone to think of fitting windows that open? Well, yes, apparently it would. By the time I arrived for my appointment I was already sweating them* off, without even having done a stroke of exercise.

And then the real fun began. By the time I got home, my shirt was 20% cotton, 80% body fluids. Just to clarify, that would be mostly sweat, and probably some tears. No blood though. And certainly none of the others.

* You know of what I speak.

3 comments:

liz said...

Three words, pal: Glo, bal, warming!

Big Al said...

Isn't that four words: Glo, bal, war, ming? Either way I always kinda thought it would bypass Scotland.

liz said...

I stand corrected.

And yes, by rights, it should have bypassed that entire area. But it's certainly not sparing Michigan, the cold-and-rain capital of the US.