Saturday, July 01, 2006

Well, duhhhh...

It goes without saying* that it is good to be back. It's also a little bit weird. So much has changed in 18 months, when what I really wanted was to come back to the familiar. Even the pub is different. Different staff, different decor, different prices.** At least the customers and the piss-poor beer are still the same. I feel like a stranger now, instead of the fat-ass Norm character at the corner of the bar. Only less fat. No, really. I'm approximately 5 stones lighter than I was in the Good Old Days. That's 70 pounds, I believe. Or 31.75kg, if you must.

While I'm at it, how can people be bothered to measure their weight in pounds? Isn't that just too damn fiddly? If you tell me your weight in pounds, I spend the next 37 minutes dividing by 14 to get to a figure I can understand. 10 stone = skinny bastard, 20 stone = fat bastard. Easy.

*But I'm saying it anyway.
**It's a good thing I was sitting down.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, but, to fat bastards like me, pounds are more fun. That way, when I diet, I can enjoy losing a pound or two. If I had to wait until I lost a stone before I could celebrate, that would be frustrating! ;)

(By the way, the e-mail of your comments is bouncing. When I leave you a comment, I get an e-mail rejecting it. So if you read the comments on here, you may want to fix where the e-mail notification is being sent.)

Big Al said...

But think of the party you could have after losing a stone!

Thanks for the tip about the comment e-mail, it should be sorted now. I guess I'll find out as soon as I save this one...