Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Driller

Here's one I didn't expect. Pain-free dentistry. Huh? When did that start? I had my final visit to the dentist today, to have one tooth filled* and another yanked. Didn't feel a thing, not even when the novocaine wore off. The bottle of Jack Daniels I downed before I went probably helped though. Only joking, although it did cross my mind.

Even so, the dentist's drill still scares the crap out of me. Literally. I've had three dentist appointments in the last 2 weeks, and about 20 minutes before each of them, I've had to go poopoo on a fairly urgent basis. Er, you probably didn't need to know that. Sorry.

I think part of it goes back to a story I heard when I was younger about this kid who was having a tooth drilled, until the drill slipped. After which, he was having a gum drilled. Which would not, let's face it, have been pleasant.

* The x-rays showed up another one that needed work. Bastard.

No comments: