Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Orange

Had a bit of an incident at physio this afternoon. One of the exercises they have me doing involves having me lying on my back, with my leg in a harness - a bit like being in traction - and me stretching my leg out to the side, with the aim of strengthening my hip up a bit.

This afternoon, to give me something to aim for, the therapist placed a 5-litre bottle of orange juice at the point where my leg should be when stretched right out. So, I did a few of the exercises, just gently nudging the bottle each time. Then on the fifth attempt, I got slightly over-enthusiastic, knocking the bottle onto the floor. Being a plastic bottle, you might think it wouldn't break - but it hit the floor hard enough to cause it to burst. Just a small hole in the bottom of the bottle, but big enough to send orange juice all over the place. Quite embarrassing, really.

Have an appointment in the morning with the orthopaedic team. Hope they're going to have some good news about removing the Ilizarov soon - that's almost 11 months I've had it now.

1 comment:

Jess said...

In your place, I don't think I'd be too embarrassed. I think they should have had a better thing for you to aim for! Who uses a big bottle full of juice?!