Thursday, August 17, 2006

Unlimited broadband, my ass

It doesn't seem like a week since I last posted anything, but dates don't lie. I've been a tad distracted of late, mainly due to a new toy I found, by the name of Camfrog. It's more addictive than heroin. And unfortunately, I have an addictive personality*, a fact borne out by a rather snotty email from my ISP**, informing me that I'm in danger of breaching their Fair Use Policy.

Furthermore, if I persist in using this software during peak times (6pm-11pm every day) they will start 'managing' my account, effectively meaning I would share bandwidth with other 'extremely heavy' users during those times, leading, almost inevitably, to a much slower connection.

So much for their claim of 'unlimited broadband'. OK, there probably was something in the small print about fair use, but hey, who reads the small print?

The good news, if you can call it that, is that I guess I now have more time for blogging. Let joy be unconfined.

* By which I mean that I become addicted easily, not that people find my personality addictive.
** I'm not going to name them. Bastards aint getting a free advert from me.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sounds like it's time to push back from the computer and get some fresh air! :)