Thursday, September 16, 2004

20th Century Boy

It occurred to me today that I've been wallowing in nostalgia since I got home from hospital. This only really sank in when I caught myself watching Duran Duran on some or other music TV station, and thinking... 'This is pretty good'. In my defence, it was a new single, so I'm not totally living in the past. At least it wasn't the hilarious 'A View To A Kill' video, the highlight of which is the 'Bon... Simon LeBon' line at the end. How we laughed.

It doesn't end there, though. I've also been enjoying the following items from the past, on a near-daily basis:
  • Doom (and Doom II and Final Doom)
  • Quake (and endless variations thereof)
  • The music of Queen
  • X Files reruns on Sky One
  • Frasier reruns on Paramount
  • Making lists like a twatty teenager

There's probably more, but I don't want to make it sound any worse than it already does.


No comments: