Sunday, September 26, 2004

Reality Bites

Hell's arse. Yet another reality show has started - this time it's The Farm on five, in which a bunch of Z-list celebs, er, work on a farm. Beam me up, Scotty.

Our 'famous' faces this time include: footballer and Ulrika-beater, Stan Collymore; Paul Daniels and the lovely Debbie McGee; Jeff Brazier - former boyfriend of Big Brother slapper Jade Goody (so at least he should know a thing or two about pigs); Beckham-shagger Rebecca Loos; and Vanilla Ice and Ritchie (5ive) Neville - both of whom have taken Queen songs and made a complete dog's arse of them.

I'm looking forward to watching Public Opinion, where famous people find out what the public really think of them. One of this week's guests is David Icke, who went from being a footballer, to being a BBC sports presenter, and then on to being completely mad.

I'm not talking about the would-be wacky "I'm mad, me" type of mad here. This is proper, lockable-uppable type madness. Complete insanity. I'm not sure it's a good idea to allow him onto TV, but I'm sure as hell going to watch, just out of morbid curiosity.

No comments: