Friday, September 17, 2004

Too Many Books

I'm looking for something to read now that I've finally finished The Silmarillion. I thought about something from my large Terry Pratchett* collection, but most of these are on the lowest shelf of my bookcase, and I can't bend down that far yet. I have a copy of Stupid White Men by Michael Moore on my bedside table, but I'm keeping that for bathroom reading (i.e. whilst taking a dump. Too much information? Sorry).

I like Michael Moore a lot, he's funny and makes a lot of persuasive points. He does however bear an unfortunate physical resemblance to Peter Griffin from the TV show Family Guy. Well, have they ever been spotted in the same room? I don't think so. Although, to be fair, one of them is a rather overweight, buffonish - but lovable - caricature. And the other is Peter Griffin. Hands up anyone who didn't see that coming.

The Atkins diet book has not been chucked out yet - I'm considering putting it onto ebay, after seeing some of the shite people are flogging on there.

* I have almost every Pratchett and Stephen King book in hardback. This is what happens when you join mail-order book clubs - you probably know the one I mean. I also have a large collection of books by authors I've never heard of, on account of my repeated failure to cancel the Editor's Choice book (and being too bone idle to return those that were sent out - apart from one by Jeffrey Archer, which went back faster than you can say 'Twat').

Bad news: Rangers stiffed again, going down 1-0 to Maritimo in the first round of the UEFA cup.
More bad news: Johnny Ramone has died, aged 55.
Today's music: The Ramones: Anthology
Best music video: The Killers: Mr Brightside

No comments: