Monday, September 20, 2004

Sound Familiar?

The following is an extract from a story by Lucy Adams in today's Glasgow Herald.

Vivienne Provan was nervous about major surgery when she went into Glasgow Royal Infirmary - not about the food.
She lost several pounds while in hospital because she said the food was inedible. She wrote a four-page letter of complaint when she left, but received no response.
Mrs Provan, 60, said: "The food was absolutely disgusting and completely lacking in nutritional value. After major surgery, you need something appetising but the smell was so off-putting that even the consultants complained about it.
"I felt really hungry at times but couldn't eat it. I had to ask my husband to bring in yogurt and sandwiches for me."

Sounds very familiar to me.

No comments: