Sunday, September 19, 2004

No Work, No Beer

I must remember to phone into the office tomorrow to discuss my plans to return to work. A number of options are open to me, but the most likely is for me to work from home, part-time. I still have a lot of holidays to take before the end of the year, so one possiblility would be to work half-days, take the other half of the day as a holiday, and receive full pay. Which would be nice. My sick pay entitlement runs out at the end of this month, after that I'll have to claim incapacity benefit - and I'm guessing that wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

It's about time I did something - I've been away from work for six months now. Much longer and I will have no idea what I actually do (or used to do) for a living. Although, to be fair, I only ever had a vague idea anyway. Something to do with computers, I think. I need something to get me away from my current daily routine, the highlight of which is going for a hobble around the block followed by a nice lie down in the afternoon.

To make matters worse, I'm taking a course of antibiotics, and can't even get rat-arsed to relieve the boredom. I haven't been drunk in over six months. I'm guessing that when I finally get the chance to get drunk, it won't take much. My only worry is that I might fall over in the pub and not be able to get up again. Sure, I've fallen over in pubs before, but I always had the strength and agility to get back on my feet again reasonably quickily (on one occasion, even before anyone noticed).

Best music video: Travis: Walking In The Sun

No comments: