Sunday, October 31, 2004

All Play And No Work

Technically, I was supposed to working round about now, but things being the way they are (specifically, me being a lazy git), it hasn't worked out that way. First, the Sunday papers distracted me. Secondly, the Plus TV channel has taken to showing Sherlock Holmes movies on Sunday afternoons. The old black-and-white ones, with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. I'm a sucker for those - today it was Pursuit To Algiers. Thirdly, and fatally, when I finally got around to switching the computer on to do some work, I made the mistake of logging on to check my emails. And scan through a few newsgroups. And read a blog or two. And that's what knackered it, really.

Looks like it's going to be a busy evening.

2 comments:

liz said...

Back when I raised lab rats/fancy rats, I had one little fellow named Basil Ratbone. (He was a very good rat.)

Big Al said...

We once had a wasp as an office pet (for an afternoon). We named him George Waspington.