Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A Bad Spell

Tonight, in one of my geekier moments, I decided to play along with the Great British Spelling Test on TV. I registered by texting my gender and age to the number given at the start of the show, and sent my answers for each round in the same way.

By my count, I got 43 correct answers out of 50 - way above the national average. Hurrah.

I don't have a great deal of faith in the texting system, though. At the end of the show, just before 10:30pm, viewers who texted their answers in were told they would shortly be receiving a message notifying them of their official score. Approximately an hour after that announcement, I received a text message... informing me that I had successfully registered, and reminding me to be sure to watch the show. Ah.

86% isn't bad though. (See, I can do arithmetic too).

And yes, I know I need to get out more.

Today's music: R.E.M.: In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003

No comments: