Sunday, October 24, 2004

Big Al Is Easily Distracted

Today was supposed to be a catch-up day; I've fallen a tad behind on the piece of work due to be finished tomorrow. But, due to a combination of circumstances (namely visitors, new software and sheer laziness) it didn't quite pan out this way. Still, there's always tomorrow morning for a few extra hours.

Working from home isn't quite as easy as I thought it would be. I don't think any of my school report cards ever contained the phrase 'Easily distracted', but it certainly seems applicable now. In the office, everyone knows that web access is monitored, personal phone calls are discouraged, and it would be fairly obvious if anyone decided that watching Lord of the Rings DVDs was preferable to actually doing some work. No such problem at home, though.

I got a present of Bill Bryson's book A Short History of Nearly Everything today. It's probably not a book I would normally have picked for myself - only because I don't often go for non-fiction - but it looks like an interesting read. It's gone straight to the top of the 'to-read' pile (which is now quite tall).

Best music video: Eminem: Just Lose It

No comments: