Sunday, October 24, 2004

Deepnet (Geek Alert)

I downloaded the Deepnet web browser this afternoon, after reading a recommendation in one of the Sunday papers. So far it looks good; it has a lot of the same features I like in Firefox - tabbed browsing, RSS feeds, popup blocking - but where it wins over Firefox is its P2P file-sharing feature. I've already used this to download a few songs today (Jackson Browne and Warren Zevon, if you're wondering).

It also displays my employer's website correctly, which is more than Firefox does - although this is probably more of a reflection on the website than on the browser.

On the down side, I've become used to pressing the F6 key to get to the Address bar quickly. This works in both IE and Firefox, but not in Deepnet. On balance, though, I think I can live without it.

No comments: