Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Best Invention Ever

If anyone were to ask me to nominate the best invention of all time (which I notice they have not), I think I know what I'd pick.

The electric light bulb? I think not. The television? Nope. The motor car? Hardly. The microwave oven? Don't make me laugh. The PC? Hah.

There's only one contender. The Easy-Reach grabber. For those lucky enough not to know, it's a handy little device that allows people with restricted movement to do awkward things like pull on socks and pick up dropped items from the floor.

Other (unadvertised) uses I have found for the grabber include:
  1. Inserting and removing DVDs from the player (which sits just above floor level).
  2. Removing cobwebs.
  3. Changing the channel on my crappy remote-free bedroom TV.
  4. Making scary shadow puppets.
  5. Scratching hard-to-reach places.
Best invention ever.

No comments: