Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Baby It's Cold Outside

Cold weather never used to bother me, due to the extra layer* of blubber I was carrying. In fact, I used to get really ticked off with co-workers complaining of being too cold in the office, while I was sitting on the other side of the room sweating my lardy arse off. Don't tell them this, but I used to turn up early for work, before anyone else, and go round turning all the radiators down. Or off. They always blamed the cleaners.

Anyhow, that's all changed. Instead of being permanently hot, now I'm permanently cold. Even in bed, where up until a few months ago, I'd happily have slept au naturel in all but the coldest weather**. Not anymore though. Now I can't go to bed in anything less than a t-shirt, shorts, three pairs of socks, a woolly jumper, thermal long-johns, snow-boots and a balaclava.

OK, I'm exaggerating a little, but you get the idea.

*Or layers.
**I'm sorry if that's too much detail, but no-one is forcing you to read this.

1 comment:

liz said...

Actually, my blog compulsion forces me to read it. Or perhaps it's this man with a gun to my head.

I am one of those constantly cold people, and I'm so glad one of you heat-turner-downers has been converted!