Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A Very Minor Rant

Not sure quite why I feel the need to rant about this one, but I do. Here's a short extract from a letter I received:

"If this time is unsuitable you must contact me at the above office and we can arrange an alternative time or date."

Charming. "You must contact me". How about, "please contact me"? Wouldn't that have been slightly less... arsey?

Just a small thing, but it's been annoying the hell out of me.

Music: Warren Zevon: Excitable Boy

4 comments:

liz said...

You must not let it annoy you so. No really, I insist.

Big Al said...

I can't help it. I think I may be a prematurely Grumpy Old Man.

liz said...

(That was a joke. Referring to the whole "must" thing, you know?)

I hate when people tell me what to do ("Hey, smile!") or how to feel ("Don't look so sad, little lady!") so I guess that makes me a grumpy old lady! Or "bat", as I prefer.

Big Al said...

Ahhhh. Didn't spot that one. Brain no function beer well without.