Saturday, December 11, 2004

The Late Bing Hitler

Blimey. Craig Ferguson has been named as the host of CBS' The Late Late Show. Brings back memories for me, I remember him being a brilliant stand-up comedian in the 80s and 90s. He played our local town hall in 1988, at around the same time as he started appearing under his own name, instead of his alter-ego Bing Hitler.

Bing, in case you don't know, was a mad-eyed, permanently angry Scotsman, who'd rant about anything and everything from whales to The Broons. A ranting Scotsman, can you imagine such a thing?

I went to another of his shows a few years later, and he was outstanding. Billy Connolly? Forget it. Ferguson could make him seem about as funny as a funeral. These days, of course, Billy can do that without any outside help.

1 comment:

Christie E. Little said...

The only thing Craig Ferguson "slightly" known for here is The Drew Carey Show. I don't even remember him as being that funny. I had to Google him because I had no clue who the hell he was. I'll have to check him out and see if he's as "brilliant" as you remember. :)