Saturday, December 11, 2004

My Favourite Year

I've been thinking about this. I guess it was while I was sorting out my CD collection that it really hit me. 1989 was a fantastic year for music. Seriously.
Well, OK, it was a fantastic year for music I like.

Aerosmith: Pump
Bob Dylan: Oh Mercy
Daniel Lanois: Acadie
Don Henley: The End Of The Innocence
Elvis Costello: Spike
Fine Young Cannibals: The Raw And The Cooked
Lou Reed: New York
Madonna: Like A Prayer
Neil Young: Freedom
Paul McCartney: Flowers In The Dirt
Pixies: Doolittle
Queen: The Miracle
Rolling Stones: Steel Wheels
Roy Orbison: Mystery Girl
Tom Petty: Full Moon Fever
Tin Machine: Tin Machine
Traveling Wilburys: Volume One
XTC: Oranges And Lemons

Just think about that. All those fantastic records, in the space of a year. I don't think there has been anything like it since.

1 comment:

Christie E. Little said...

I just scanned your list. We share the same music. It must be the year that brings some of that music back to me....1989, sitting on the beach, soaking in the sun, and Don Henly. Ahhhhhh 19. Good music...good year...I agree.