Wednesday, December 08, 2004

For The Beauty Of Wynona

Here's a rather annoying piece of censorship I discovered whilst copying one of my favourite CDs of the 90s onto the computer. Media Player correctly identified the CD as For The Beauty Of Wynona by Daniel Lanois, and displayed the CD artwork. Well, sort of. Here's what it came up with.

Hmm. Well, close, but it's not the version I'm familiar with. Here's what the original cover looks like, scanned from my own copy.

How ridiculous is that? And what kind of job is that for an adult, working out how best to position a 'C' in order to obscure a pair of nipples? A totally unnecessary piece of censorship*, if you ask me.

While I'm on about it, I should probably say it's a fantastic CD - as is Daniel's 1989 album, Acadie.

*And not just because I like looking at naked ladies. Although I do.

4 comments:

liz said...

I'm just uncomfortable seeing knives and nipples in the same photo! (And those ribs aren't helping matters one bit.)

Maybe they could have positioned the letters way down low, at the left, in order to acommodate *my* discomfort.

Big Al said...

Ribs? What ribs?

Oh.... right.... hadn't noticed those before...

liz said...

Maybe if you hadn't eaten in a while...

Big Al said...

Unlikely. At this rate, I'm in danger of returning to full 'Big Al' status.