Tuesday, November 30, 2004

More Work-Related Stuff

Today was my last day of working afternoons-only. My holiday allowance for the year is pretty much used up now, so from tomorrow I'll be switching to a part-time working arrangement, working three full days per week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I always quite liked the idea of working a three-day week, but the associated drop in pay isn't quite so welcome. Anyhow, my Tuesday mornings are mostly taken up with physio fun, but Thursdays will be mine, all mine.

Except, of course, they won't. I know exactly how this is going to pan out. I'll spend most of Thursdays working. In fact, I'll probably get more done on Thursdays than on any of my official 'working days' - for the simple reason that I can. I'll be able to get on with work without any of the distractions of phone calls, emails, and all the other things that crop up.

Still, at least I won't have to get out of bed so early.

Talking of distractions, after owning my current mobile phone for almost nine months, I've finally figured out how to email photos from the phone camera. It turns out that the phone was set to Vodafone multimedia instead of O2 multimedia. You can see how I got a job in Technical, huh?

No comments: