Friday, November 05, 2004

Incoming Goods

According to an article on a German website, Brian May and Roger Taylor are considering the possibility of a new Queen album and tour next year. Well, I think that's what it said; my German isn't too hot, so I ran the article through the AltaVista Babelfish translator.

Anyhow, I'm not sure about this idea. It's been thirteen years since Freddie Mercury died, and as good as May and Taylor are, it's never going to be Queen without Freddie. Or for that matter, without John Deacon, who appears to have quietly gone into retirement. I don't have a problem with May and Taylor recording together - quite the opposite - but I'd rather they didn't call it Queen.

Back to Babelfish: amusingly, the title of the We Will Rock You musical translated as Incoming Goods Want Skirt You.

Now there's a show I'd pay to see. Possibly.

3 comments:

Jess said...

As a spinoff of Queen, perhaps they could call themselves Princess. What do you think? :)

Well, it's just an idea!

Big Al said...

I think they might need a lot of persuasion on that one :)

liz said...

Makes me think of going to see the "Frehley's Comet" tour back in the day...just not quite "Kiss"!