Friday, November 26, 2004

You Are NOT A Celebrity

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!

No - you are not a celebrity. In order for you to be a celebrity, people would need to have some idea of who you are, or what you do. That's a sort of minimum requirement. Being married to a celebrity does not automatically make you a celebrity. Neither does consuming copious amounts of illegal substances. And neither does being any of this lot:

Joe Pasquale - Squeaky voiced Z-list comedian. Punchable.
Paul Burrell - Formerly Princess Diana's butler. Does that count as 'celebrity'?
Sophie Anderton - I think she used to advertise bras, about ten years ago.
Antonio Fargas - Played Huggy Bear in Starsky & Hutch. A quarter of a century ago.
Fran Cosgrove - Never heard of him. (Yes, him).
Nancy Sorrell - No idea.
Sheila Ferguson - Allegedly Prince Charles's favourite pop musician. Enough said.

This has to be the most inaccurately-titled show on TV*. A more appropriate title would probably be I'm A Washed-Up Has-Been and/or Wannabe, Get Me On TV!**

*With the possible exception of Dead Ringers.
**Slightly less catchy, I admit.

2 comments:

liz said...

How about, "I'm not out of here, get me a celebrity!"

Big Al said...

Works for me. I'm feeling quite old at the moment - it seems another generation believes that Snoop Dogg is Huggy Bear. Sigh.