Thursday, November 25, 2004

Moan Moan Moan

I'm not going to start naming names here, but certain people are starting to seriously piss me off these days. I won't pretend that I don't complain from time to time, because I clearly do (you probably noticed). But some people seem to spend their entire life complaining from dawn till dusk, every day of the week. I reckon they're only actually happy when they're moaning about something or other. It makes me wonder what would happen if they had nothing to complain about - would they complain about that? Probably.

The bit that really bothers me is this - if you're going to complain about something, you should probably complain to someone who:
  1. gives a shit
  2. can do something about it
In other words, Not Me.

Er, I think I'm done ranting* for now.

*Maybe when I retire, I'll move into a little cottage** somewhere, and name it Dunrantin'
**I've heard all the cottaging jokes already, so don't bother.

9 comments:

Jess said...

On, poop. I was intent on coming here to register a complaint, but I guess that plan is shot now. :)

Big Al said...

Don't let me stop you... just be prepared for the consequences ;)

liz said...

Isn't that what blogging is for? Random complaining? I hope so, or I have been doing it *all wrong*!!

Big Al said...

I don't have a problem with people blogging their complaints, it's the Real-World face-to-face complainers I can't stand!

liz said...

I guess even therapists have certain clients about whom we might say things like, "Oh, no, here comes Old Complainie who only wants to vent on a weekly basis and will NEVER take any suggestions about how to improve his/her lot."

Big Al said...

Perhaps they should start blogging?

liz said...

I'm afraid that I have some who DO, yet it's not enough. >sigh<

Big Al said...

Uh. OK. Maybe they should get two blogs. Like my acquaintance, Joey Two-Blogs.

liz said...

I didn't know you had any Indigenous American buddies!