Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Stop... Hammer Time!

I wish to retract my remarks in a previous post, stating that this is a quiet place to live. For most of this evening, I heard:

Thump. Thump. Thump. Clatter. Thump. Thump. Bash. Thump. Crash. Thud. Thud. Thud. Bash. Thump. Thud. Clatter. Crash. Thump. Thumpity-thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

And so on. I think one of my neighbours is attempting to construct a garden shed. I can't see what's going on, but I can hear it just fine. Meanwhile, the new people across the road appear to have decided they need a section of the wall surrounding their garden removed, and that this work has to commence at some ridiculously early hour*.

I still remember the good old days when there was only one irritatingly noisy person around these here parts. Me. Guess I'm gonna have to turn the music up again.

*Anything before 9am qualifies here. I'm still only working afternoons, remember.

No comments: