Thursday, November 11, 2004

PEBKAC

Oh boy. I'd forgotten what a pain in the ass some clients can be. There's one in particular who is really beginning to get on my nerves.

He keeps sending emails, complaining about some or other problem, which I deal with as quickly and courteously as possible (no, really). And this week I get a phone call from my boss telling me he'd taken a call from this same guy, saying that he'd reported a problem to me two days previously and heard nothing since. Huh. That would be nothing apart from the followup emails I sent and the voicemail messages I left for him, then.

And the cause of the problem? A SQL script sent out to him by one of my colleagues over a month ago, which he never bothered to run. My fault, obviously.

A definite case of PEBKAC*, if ever I saw one.

*Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

No comments: